Frequently Asked Questions
Am I able to have driving lessons in my own/family or friends car?
Under certain circumstances, customers may want to receive lessons in their own/family vehicle. This is a good idea where the car will be used for a Driver’s Test. It is also a good idea when a learner has a new car and wishes to familiarise themselves with it prior to licensing. Safe Drive Driving School is able to offer customers training in their vehicle, provided the vehicle is registered, roadworthy and comprehensively insured.
Prior to any training being conducted in the customer’s vehicle, the instructor should inspect the vehicle for its roadworthiness. The inspection should include, but is not limited to, a check of the following items;
- the registration label is valid, current, intact and displayed appropriately
- the vehicle is comprehensively insured and the customer’s insurance company is notified that it will be used by a driving instructor to conduct training in
- The tyres:
- all indicators, headlights and brake lights are working
- seats and seat belts are in good working order and are not damaged or twisted
- any loose items in the cabin of the vehicle are stowed in the cargo (boot) area
- the windows and interior are clean
- the vehicle has sufficient petrol to last the course of the lesson (minimum requirement – a quarter of a tank)
How much time will it take to get my license?
This is one of the most frequently asked questions. Almost everyone who comes to me to learn how to drive has this question in mind. The amount of time you require, depends on your skills. Until after the first lesson, I won’t be able to provide you a justified answer. Each of us has our own learning capacity and some of us are faster learners. My focus is to teach you how to drive safely and sometimes this requires a little more time.
Will I pass my test on the first try?
It totally depends on how you do the test and how well you have been trained prior to the testing process. We strive hard to prepare my students thoroughly so that they do their test well, but there are circumstances that mean you may not be able to give your best on the day.
Most of our students pass their test first time.
When are you available?
Mon: 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM
Tue: 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM
Wed : 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM
Thur : 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM
Fri : 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM
Sat : 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM
I can't attend a book lesson what can I do?
Contact us as soon as you know you have to re-schedule.We do understand that unexpected things happen and we will do our best to find a new slot for you.